One of the most popular features of outdoor living is an outdoor kitchen. When you entertain, guests naturally hang out in the kitchen. Now you can take that kitchen outside and enable you to maintain social distancing. An outdoor kitchen allows you to limit the back and forth to your inside kitchen so you can spend more quality time with family and friends. Hometown Landscape will work with you to design an outdoor kitchen to fit your needs including the options of having a grill, sink, mini-fridge, storage, countertop, and more.
Here in the Mid-Atlantic region, we’re blessed with weather that allows many months a year to enjoy the outdoor comforts of our home. Whether you have a big or small yard, we can design and build you an outdoor living space. At Hometown Landscape, we know the value of time and our goal is to ensure you get as much use out of your yard as possible. Our custom outdoor living solutions provide you the ability to not only enjoy being outside during the warm months but even during the cooler, crisper days of fall and winter. Outdoor kitchens and landscaping can also help increase the value of your property.
Our team will work with you on designing the perfect outdoor kitchen for your space, but here are some things to consider when deciding if an outdoor kitchen is right for you:
- Extend your indoor living space to the outside
- Outdoor kitchens become an extension of your home. We’re sure you’ll find yourself enjoying your backyard more than ever before when you utilize this space
- Blend into your surroundings
- Our team has more than 25 years of experience designing landscapes and outdoor living spaces. We know how to take your home and yard and perfectly blend your new outdoor space not only into your home but also into your neighborhood surroundings
- Outdoor protection
- If you plan on using your outdoor space not only for cooking but eating and entertaining, you may want to consider providing a space for protection from the elements. Adding a canopy or a roof over your kitchen can allow you to utilize the space more often. While everything we’ll install will be meant for outdoor spaces, the more you can protect it from the elements, the longer you’ll be able to enjoy your new kitchen, and the easier it’ll be to maintain.
- Consider the layout and style of your kitchen
- We recommend trying to mimic your everyday kitchen as much as possible to make sure you can easily transition from one kitchen to another.
- Features and add-ons
- What features and add-ons do you want as part of your outdoor kitchen? Will this be a fully functional kitchen or more of a grilling and party station? Our team will ask you these questions to help determine what should be installed. Some popular options include kegerators, mini-fridges, ice maker, and a grill/smoker.
- An often-overlooked element of outdoor living spaces is the lighting. Lighting can add value, but that WOW appeal to your outdoor space. You’ll want plenty of lighting not only for when you’re cooking but also when you’re hosting.
Don’t hesitate to contact our team of professionals today with questions or to schedule a free consultation for your property. We have been designing and installing landscapes and outdoor living spaces, including kitchens, throughout the Maryland, D.C., and Virginia areas since 1993.