One of the best additions you can add to your landscaped yard is creating a walkway. Many use walkways to clear a path to your front door, or just a path that connects the different areas of your property.
Enhance your landscape design
Walkways can help to highlight the different areas and borders of your outdoor space.
Improve your home’s curb appeal
Hardscapes such as walkways can increase your home’s market value. A walkway can increase your home’s resale value by $5,000 to $10,000 according to the National Association of Realtors.
Materials that can be used for walkways
- Pavers – the most popular material for front entries and pathways leading to patios. Pavers come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. Unlike concrete, there’s no concern that the pathway may develop jagged cracks over time.
- Flagstone – a very durable option that can create a more upscale look.
- Concrete – a popular choice for outdoor walkways. Options include poured concrete, concrete pavers, and stamped concrete. They’re often installed with a slip resistant surface that can withstand a variety of seasons and weather conditions.
- Natural Stone – types include granite, marble, limestone, slate and travertine.
- Brick – create a classic and timeless look. Bricks come in full size bricks and interlocking pavers. Colors include red, green, rust, brown, tan and beige.
At Hometown Landscape, we can assist you with choosing the right materials for your walkway. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation of your property. https://www.hometownlandscape.com/services/hardscape/walkways-and-driveways/